8 FALL FOODS YOU NEVER KNOW EXISTED
With Halloween, less than 10 days away, it’s safe to say that the season of Fall is upon us. For weeks now, you may have seen your favorite stores and restaurants stocking up on all your Fall themed flavors. Due to this annual demand, flavored food and drink mimicking the flavors of pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, etc., has grown exponentially in recent years. We have seen a drastic increase in the number of companies developing products around this phenomenon. Here are the top 8 seasonal items that we’ve seen on the shelves:
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- Your favorite pudding product from Jell-O, with just a dab of Fall mixed in. It can be used as a standalone dish or as a filling for that pie you’re bringing to Grandma’s house.
- Pumpkin Spice Olive Oil
- The Pumpkin Spice olive oil from The Olive Press is a whole new twist on delicious and healthy. Pair this with their Champagne Balsamic Vinegar and you will wish it was Fall year round.
- Caramel Apple Flavored Vodka
- Pinnacle is famous for being the creator of over 40 flavors of vodka. Just when we thought they were done creating novelty tastes like cookie dough, cotton candy, and red liquorice, they’ve come out with a new caramel apple flavor to tame your Fall cravings.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Is your caramel macchiato not doing it for you anymore? Is the line at Starbucks too long? Dunkin’s Donuts has you covered with a more seasonally appropriate beverage. Their new pumpkin spice flavored coffee combines a classic and rich Dunkin’ blend with your favorite seasonal spices. Try it with your after-dinner piece of pumpkin pie.
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese
- For those who wish to enjoy the finer things in life, don’t worry. Even your cheese plate can’t escape the delight of pumpkin spice. Montchevre has created pumpkin flavored goat cheese to get you in the mood for those orange and red leaves.
- Pumpkin Spice Wine
- The California Fruit Wine Company makes a fruit based wine heavily influenced by all your favorite fall flavors like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. This just might become your new favorite dessert, or preferred way to start off your night with friends and family.
- Pumpkin Ale
- With over 1000 beer brands concocting a pumpkin flavored brew, you won’t be at a loss for finding one just right to satiate your thirst and putting you in the fall spirit. Our favorite is our local Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter.
- Pumpkin Spice Mallows
- You thought that those s’mores you made last summer were the best you’d ever had. Think again. These classic marshmallows from Kraft have been transformed into spicy pumpkin goodness and you’ll never be the same.
Now if you are looking for a one stop shop of all things fall flavored, take a trip to your local Trader Joe’s and venture down their ‘all things pumpkin spice’ aisle. You are bound to find a number of wonderful treats to last you all season.